Still working to recover. Please don't edit quite yet.
vegetable soup is a recipe that needs no introduction whatsoever and it is probably the most well know vegetarian recipes that exists so without futher ado lets begin!
NOTE: this recipe was obtained from a book by A. C IRVINE it's title is "Central Cookery Book".
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 stick of celery, and guess what, it needs to be chopped!
- a few more vegatables, you choose
- 2 Tp butter or oil
- 2 cup's of stock or water
- a 1/4 of a tablespoon filled with salt
- pinch pepper
- Bouquet garni
- 1 and a half of a cup of milk
- 2 Tp of plain flour
- Melt butter or heat the oil in a soup saucepan and saute the prepared vegetables, but do not brown.
- Add 2 cups of stock or water, the mesuered amounts of salt pepper and bouquet garni.
- Simmer gently for 45 minutes with the lid on the saucepan
- Blend 2 Tp of flour with some of the milk until smooth, add the rest of thr milk and then add to puree. Cook gently for about 2 or 3 minutes, stirring.
- Correct seasoning
- Serve with the croutons.
|This article is based on a GNU FDL Vegetarian Wikia article: Recipes||Veg|