Still working to recover. Please don't edit quite yet.
Action for our Planet
Action for our Planet (AFOP) is an animal and human rights advocacy Wikipedia:organisation based predominantly online. Founded in 2009 by Wikipedia:animal and Wikipedia:human rights advocate Oli Dillon Squire , AFOP has quickly risen to become a premier source for information on world issues. Some of the issues covered by AFOP include Wikipedia:cruelty to animals, Wikipedia:human rights, Wikipedia:climate change and Wikipedia:political corruption.
Philosophy and activism
AFOP opposes the exploitation of all humans and animals and campaigns to raise awareness of suffering, cruelty and inequality. In 2010, the organisation managed to persuade three retailers to stop selling Wikipedia:Foie Gras, the fatty liver of ducks and geese.
|An article on this subject was deleted on Wikipedia:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/
Action for our Planet
WP administrators can restore the edit history
of this page upon request
With a combination of both online and offline campaigning, AFOP urges important decision makers to enact change to improve the lives of animals and humans. In January 2011, AFOP submitted evidence to the United Kingdom's Parliamentary Science Committee in opposition to the proposed building of the Wikipedia:UKCMRI laboratory in Camden, London. In February 2011, the organisation campaigned against fashion giant Wikipedia:LVMH to persuade them to stop using animal Wikipedia:fur. The organisation has also campaigned to stop the Wikipedia:Nova Scotia Wikipedia:seal hunt in Wikipedia:Canada by sending over 2000 emails to the Wikipedia:Premier and Wikipedia:Lieutenant Governor of the Canadian province. Canadian Senator Wikipedia:Mac Harb offered his thanks to the organisation for the campaign.
According to Action for our Planetâ€™s website, the organisation â€˜â€˜does not want to force specific views on to others, it merely presents the issues and combines this information with plausible solutions for change.â€™â€™
- About AFOP. Action for our Planet, retrieved 18th of March.
- Oli Dillon Squire, Ethical Man. The Ethical Man (TEM) Style, 24th February 2011.
- Oli Dillon Squire of Action for our Planet. Vegan Mainstream, 14th of December 2010.
- Annual Review. Action for our Planet, retrieved March 18th 2011.
- Campaign AFOP. Action for our Planet, retrieved March 18th 2011.
- UK Centre for Medical Research and Innovation 'Written evidence submitted by Action for our Planet (UKCMRI 14)'. Parliament Publications, 12th January 2011.
- Joint Campaign. Action for our Planet, retrieved March 18th 2011.
- Action for our Planet launches joint anti-fur campaign. PR Log, February 13th 2011.
- Fendi Is Worst Fur Offender at Milan Fashion Week. Change.org News, February 28th 2011.
- Got Baggage? Louis Vuitton Continues to Use Fur in Designs. Change.org News, February 16th 2011.
- Urge Louis Vuitton to go fur-free. Our Compass, February 14th 2011.
- Action for our Planet speaks up for the 60,000 grey seals scheduled to be killed in Nova Scotia. PR Log, February 24th 2011.
- Thousands of Baby Seals Face Death Sentence in Nova Scotia. Change.org News, February 24th 2011.
- About AFOP. Action for our Planet, retrieved 18th March 2011
- Action for our Planet Twitter account. Twitter, retrieved March 18th 2011.