Still working to recover. Please don't edit quite yet.
AMISTAD (Philippines-Cuba Friendship Association)
|An article on this subject was deleted on Wikipedia:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/
Philippine-Cuban Friendship Association
WP administrators can restore the edit history
of this page upon request
The AMISTAD (Philippines-Cuba Friendship Association), is a Cuba solidarity association in the Philippines. Politically, the organization is aligned with the International League of Peoples' Struggle. Two other Cuba friendship associations are active in the Philippines, the Philippine-Cuban Friendship Society (PCFS) and the Philippines-Cuba Cultural and Friendship Association (PhilCuba). All three bodies maintain contacts with Instituto Cubano de Amistad con los Pueblos (Cuban Institution for Friendship between the Peoples).
George Aseniero is the chairman whereas Norma BiÃ±as is the general secretary of the association.
AMISTAD made a statement when the Cuban government sought the help of the Philippines to help in the extradition of Luis Posada Carriles (WP), a former operative of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
- "Cuban Ambassador Jorge Rey Jimenez told a news conference yesterday that Luis Posada Carriles fled to the US in 1985 while awaiting sentence in Venezuela for bombing a Cuban passenger airplane. Jimenez said Posada is wanted for bombing several tourist...
- http://www.ilps-news.com/central-info-bureau/statements/2004/call-to-action2004/signatories/ International League of Peoples' Struggle Signatories of the Pledge
- http://www.solidnet.org/cgi-bin/agent%3Fnews/055phillipine3may07.doc Broken link
- http://www.geocities.com/arkibo17/cuba/cuba46.htm Broken link<
- Google Search
- "Cuba seeks Philippine support for extradition of wanted man from US" BBC Archive - May 29, 2005
- Official website of AMISTAD is http://amistadphils.wordpress.com/