Still working to recover. Please don't edit quite yet.
Black Flag Linux
This page should constitute the idea of a distribution that still is to be built, named "Black Flag Linux". If you look at Linux distributions, you see that many try to be free. But often they are really not. This is a problem of how you define freedom. I think a distribution perfect for anarchist should define freedom from the anarchistic view. This in mind it should provide the following:
- provide free tools to ensure our freedom
- don't use software that supports capitalistic companies
- be organized in an anarchistic mode.
- It should allow to use it independently (and not dependent from one company).
- It would ne nice if it runs on old computers also (to reuse computer hardware)
What that means is:
- There will probably never THE one distribution but rather cooperations between different projects.
What we probably do not need:
- it does not have to click 'n run. Thats nice to have but generally we should accept more knowledge as a self-empowering mechanism.
It does not make much sense to start from scratch. So the question would be what base distribution one would choose. Possible choices
- Arch Linux
- Deli Linux distribution for old computers, from 486 to Pentium MMX 166 or so.
- blag linux (from brixton linux action group)
This is a dead link